“Over the last few years, there's been a lot of focus on exercise and nutrition, but adequate sleep is arguably the most important element of productivity,” says Christopher Lindholst, co-founder of MetroNaps, which markets a napping chair called the EnergyPod to such companies as Google, Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG - News), and Cisco Systems (NasdaqGS: CSCO - News). The EnergyPod, which looks like Pacman with a really long tongue, boasts ergonomic support and a built-in music system with a headphone jack to eliminate background noise. “The EnergyPod is designed to provide some privacy, but it’s typically installed in a common area so you create an environment of awareness and acceptance,” says Lindholst. MetroNaps rents its EnergyPod for $795 per month.I think it’s a great idea and long overdue but more in theory than in practice because I can’t see the office gossip machine not turning for anyone who takes advantage of the opportunity to nap during office hours.
I like napping and there are times when a nap really is a Godsend but I can’t see co-workers being forgiving of someone who disappears for a half hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment